Pet Helpers is a non-profit animal welfare organization, whose goal is to reduce the number of innocent animals being destroyed each year, by placing these homeless animals in permanent, loving homes.
Pet Helpers is staffed by volunteers who care about the plight of all homeless pets. Please see our volunteer page if you wish to help!
You may contact us by mail, phone, or email. We are an all volunteer organization, so it may take a couple of days to respond. If you have an emergency, please contact the person noted on your adoption paperwork, or call our hotline listed below.
Pet Helpers, Inc.
P.O. Box 12383
Austin, TX 78711
Phone: (512) 444-PETS
What We Do
We provide cats and dogs with temporary shelter in foster homes located throughout the Austin area.
- Animals are checked for parasites, and treated if necessary
- Cats are checked for Feline Leukemia and FIV
- Dogs are checked for heartworms, and are started on preventative
- All animals are given vaccinations
- All animals are spayed or neutered
- Other medical treatment is provided when needed
Occasionally we provide assistance for owners looking to find homes for pets they can no longer keep.
How We Operate
We are very focused on concentrating our resources on the animals we help. 100% of the money donated is spent on veterinary expenses.
- We are staffed entirely by volunteers
- We are funded solely by contributions and donations
- Placement of animals is done through adoption days in local pet stores, advertising, and by word of mouth
We ask adopters to make as generous a donation as possible at the time of adoption. To help offset our expenses, we require a minimum donation per adoption. However, these minimums only cover about half of our expenses.
We also accept donations via mail and Paypal. For donations via Paypal, please email us for more information.
Because we operate on limited resources, and do not have a permanent shelter, we cannot always accept animals which are referred to us.